After the success of From Berlin to LA last February, and on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of LA and Berlin being sister cities, we present From Berlin to LA, Second Edition, on March 2nd, 3rd and 4th in LA, and back to Berlin at Berghain on May 4th with A Partial Eclipse of the <3.
The LA events include a club night at The Lash, a panel at Bold in collaboration with SSSO, music production workshops at the Goethe-Institut, and a concert night at the Bootleg Theater, in partnership with Fine Time, Native Instruments, Percena, and Wanted – showcasing artists living or working between LA and Berlin.
All LA events are free with pre-registration:
• Thursday 2nd 10pm • The Lash DTLA • Dancing from Berlin to LA with Autist, Carlos Oblivion, Dot Con, Katie Otro, and Sarah Zoraya (Dublab).
• Click “going” on to be on the free list, 21+.
• Friday 3rd 7pm • Bold Space DTLA across the Ace Hotel • Diversity in the Electronic Music Scene, panel hosted by SSSO with the support of the Los Angeles German Consulate, featuring Doc Martin, Kate Stimac (Fine Time), Kim Anh, Maly Ly (Percena), Newbody, and Phyllis Navidad (A Club Called Rhonda, Sound, Hollywood) as moderator.
• Saturday 4th noon • Goethe-Institut Miracle Mile • Music production workshops and live improv’, hosted by Native Instruments with Anna Cavazos, Autist, Brian Kullas, Carlos Oblivion, Caroline Campbell, Delhia de France, Katie Otro, and more.
• Register via Eventbrite, 16+.
• Sunday 5th 6.30pm (originally Saturday 4th) • UNION • Concert night with Autist, Black Assembly and Rainbow Arabia (Kompakt) live, and DJ set by Nine Inch Nilina. Pictures by Michael Melwani.
• Register via Eventbrite, 21+.