Following the success of Twist in my Sobriety, our second show Open House was our last minute and impulsive contribution to Berlin’s Art Week 2014. No philosophy, no conceptualisation, no fuss; just artists and curators who spontaneously decided to claim this beautiful vintage space. We invited guests to discover every corner and little room with an open mind, open doors, meet the artists, chill in the auditorium… the OPEN HOUSE was there for five days only, presented by Your Mom’s Agency, Conny Opper, Codex, iHeartBerlin, COOP & the artists, with the support of Concept Audio, Wrangelkiez, Berlinpieces & Tausend.
The artists involved include:
• Anna Pajak / painting
• Anto & Casio / installation
• Charla Wood / sculpture
• Codex / painting feat. Patrick Cierpka, Oliver Gröne, Philip Grözinger, Lars Teichmann, Felix Wunderlich, Miriam Vlaming & Filip Zorzor
• Danny Muster / collage
• Dorit Bialer / I WANT EVERYTHING
• Enrico Nagel / photography collage
• Fabien Gilles / tape art
• Fleur Helluin / painting installation
• Gabriella Hirst / installation
• iHeartBerlin / 7th anniversary special feat. Katja Hentschel, Florian Kolmer, Florian Reischauer from pieces of berlin, Chris Phillips from Pornceptual, Eylül Aslan, Joseph Wolfgang Ohlert, Nicola Napoli, Alicia Kassebohm, u.v.m.
• Joseph Amodei / performance
• Kerta von Kubin / sculpture
• Lady Gaby & Alice Morey / installation & performance
• Lisa Wassmann / photography projection
• Luciano Munhoz / photography
• Marianne Jacquet / sound installation
• Melanie Velarde / photography
• Moshik Hayman / sculpture
• Natacha Mankowski / painting & installation
• Obi Blanche / photography
• Phntm Beach / installation
• Roy Menachem Markovich / video projection
• Shoxxx / installation
• Vemo Hang / painting installation
Visitors were able to sample the art and a bar during the opening party on Wednesday 17th of September from 7pm to midnight with an interactive interview-performance by Joseph Amodei called Who does your work honour ?, but also with DJ sets by GOLDIN, Aérea Negrot and Conny Opper Vs. Kolmer and a aftershow at Bar Tausend with a live by Bob Rutman. IHeartBerlin also hosted an event on Saturday night.
Find out more about the event HERE.
Read more about OPEN HOUSE on Exberliner, Codex, Ceecee, Iheartberlin (three times), Kaltblut, Wrangelkiez, Sugarhigh, Berlin Art Week, Bpigs, The Club Map and Art Connect Berlin. Press de-brief HERE.